So, I have been back in Berlin after a 3 week trip home for the holidays for almost 2 weeks now. It's great to be back but it was definitely a different feeling coming back than when I first arrived here. First of all, there was no one greeting me at IES saying "Willkommen in Berlin!" and no scared group of us IES'ers not knowing what to expect of our upcoming semester in Berlin. I did get a very nice homecoming from Natascha, who left a chocolate Santa for me on my desk, re-arranged my bedroom for me, and cooked me eggs when I arrived back to the apartment :) It's also a bit sad that our group is now missing all of the awesome people who were only semester students :( I miss them all so much and wish they would come back!!
Other than that, I only have two classes for the remainder of the German Uni semester (My Turkish class and my Deutsch als Fremdsprache class) and they only meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I have a LOT of free time on my hands these days. Not the best for someone who likes having a set schedule and routine every day, but it's been nice too (definitely been geting a looot of sleep!). I've also been pre-occupied with searching for an apartment. I'm going to be moving out of Natascha's apartment in a few weeks and moving in with 3 of my IES friends! It's really exciting and I can't wait! We looked at a couple apartments already and are going to look at some more this week. Rent in Berlin is sooooo cheap!!! I can't imagine how much apartments like the ones we have seen would go for in Boston! Don't want to think about it!
I also bought a bike the other day! I got it at a Flohmarkt (flea market) and it's very old and a bit rusty but I like it's charm :) Gets me from point A to point B. I have been wanting to get a bike since I got here and told myself it would be better to wait until it gets warm out, but why not just get one now?! This week some friends and I are thinking of biking to Potsdam (a city outside of Berlin in the state of Brandenburg) and I'm really excited! Let's see if my rusty old bike is up to the challenge...just have to purchase a seat cushion first because the person who built my bike thought it would be a good idea to install it with a plastic seat...inneresting.
That's all for now!
Alles Liebe!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearted man called Benjamin Breil Lee working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Benjamin Breil Lee helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Benjamin on what's app +1-989-394-3740 Or also with his personal Email on 247officedept@gmail.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.
ReplyDelete