Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nach einem Monat in Berlin

I have been in Berlin for over a month now and I really can't believe it's been that long! I have also realized I am not doing a very good job at updating this, but I will try harder to update more! So, last week we went on an IES fieldtrip to Vienna, Bratislava, and Budapest. I had been to Vienna before but not the other two so I was very excited for this trip! It was such an awesome trip, we all had so much fun and we got to see 3 really cool cities. I loved Budapest, it really is a beautiful city! We were in Vienna for 2 days, Bratislava for 1, and Budapest for 2. Our trip to Bratislava was very quick, we were really only there for 24 hours...and it was very cold and rainy during our city tour soo needless to say Bratislava wasn't the favorite amongst the group. While we were in Budapest we got to go to a farm about an hour and a half outside the city and we got to ride horses and see an acrobatic horse show (?) and I even won a bottle of wine by cracking a whip and knocking over an empty bottle! Haha! We got back on Friday and then on Sunday it was the Tag der deutschen Einheit (Day of German Unity). This year the celebration was particularly large because it is the 20th anniversary of Deutsche Einheit! It was really cool, there was a free concert going on at the Brandenburger Tor and lots of fun stuff! Then on Monday we started our IES courses. I am taking German Pop Culture, Portable Roots: Reflecting Otherness in German and European Culture, and a German Film Course. My classes all seem really interesting and the professors are really nice. I will be taking 2 classes at Humboldt Uni as well, but those don't start for another 2 weeks. I'm excited to see how classes are at a German university, but also a tad bit nervous! 


Well, I know this was a really quick update but I will be writing more in the future! Time to do some grocery shopping!


Tschüss!

No comments:

Post a Comment