So after a BEAUTIFUL weekend in Berlin we have finally had our first introduction to Berlin's gloomy, rainy weather. :( Aber, es ist kein Thema. This weekend the weather was perfekt. It was sunny and about 72 degrees Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday I went to the Berlin Zoo, which is awesome! I saw KNUT the Eisbär, and a lion about 5 feet away from me, and a panda bear eating bamboo, and giraffes, and elephants...I love animals! On Sunday I went with a few people to a Flohmarkt (flea market) at the Mauer Park in the Berlin district of Prenzlauerberg (where Tim lived during his time in Berlin with IES). It was a wonderful day! The flea market was amazing, so much cool stuff (my friend bought 2 Nazi-era maps from the 1940's that depicted Germany as this GIANT monstrosity in Europe for 2 euros!). I got a really cute scarf for 3 euros and a hand-made wallet for 10 euros. There was really good food too and a giant karaoke session going on. There had to be almost 1,000 people watching karaoke in the park, including a 10 year old German girl who sang Katy Perry's "I Kisses A Girl"...complete with dance moves. Let's just say, the crowd loved her!
Today Natascha and Anton introduced me to a game they have come up with. We have a chart with each of our names on it and each day we each have to learn a new vocabulary word, for me in German, and for the two of them in English. Each time we correctly remember the 3 new words when quizzed by another person we get a star next to our names, and 5 stars earns us an überraschung! (Surprise!). I think it's such a cute game and a great way for me to learn some new Vokabeln!
Jetzt muss ich ein bisschen Hausaufgaben machen. Gute Nacht!
Liebe Grüße aus Berlin :)
No comments:
Post a Comment